These are the rules (the “Rules”) that govern the Sherbet London competitions (the “competitions”) taking place between (and including) Monday 16 November – Friday 20 November 2020 (the “Competition Period”):
1. The promoter of the Competition is Sherbet Ride a subsidiary company of Sherbet London Limited whose registered office is at Winston House, 349 Regents Park Road, London, N31 DHT (“Sherbet London”).
2. Each person who enters the Promotion (each an “Entrant”) unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Rules and the decisions of Sherbet Ride, which shall be final and binding with respect to all aspects of the Promotion.
3. An Entrant, whose entry is selected as the potential winning entry for the prize must remain in compliance with the Rules. Sherbet Ride reserves the rights to verify the eligibility of Entrants to take part in the Promotion. Sherbet Ride may require such information as they consider reasonably necessary for the purpose of verifying the eligibility of an entry.
4. The Promotion is open to new and existing customers who are aged 18 or on the day of entry. The following are not eligible to participate: employees of Sherbet London and their immediate families and anyone professionally connected with the Promotion; employees of any company responsible for redemption of prizes/vouchers or for supplying prizes for the Promotion and their respective franchisees, subsidiaries, agents and advisors; other persons assisting with this Promotion; any person not being an individual natural person; any syndicate or collection of persons acting in concert; any person entering via an agent or using the services of or which is an entity carrying on the business of entering (or advising on entering) prize promotions; and any individual who is an employee of a Sherbet Ride/London business client.
5. All entries must be made directly by the person entering the Promotion.
6. Entries made by anyone found to be using multiple accounts for the purposes of entering the Promotion shall be ineligible.
7. Entrants must ensure all participants involved in the promotion are 18+.
8. To enter the Promotion all Entrants must during the Promotional Period:
i. follow Sherbet Ride Facebook page @SherbetRide (if the Entrant is not following already);
ii. like the Sherbet Ride post relating to the competition;
iii. comment the Sherbet Ride post relating to the competition;
iv. Share the Sherbet Ride competition post;
9. Requirements for entries. Entries must not contain, as determined by Sherbet Ride, in its sole discretion, any content that:
i. promotes illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing);
ii. promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous;
iii. promotes any particular political agenda or message;
iv. be obscene, offensive, or inappropriate;
v. endorses any form of hate or hate group;
vi. appears to knowingly duplicate any other submitted entries;
vii. defames, misrepresents, or contains disparaging remarks about other people or companies;
viii. be profane, sexually explicit or suggestive, or unnecessarily violent or derogatory, whether of any person, race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, profession, age, or otherwise;
ix. denigrates the Sherbet London brand or products, the Promotion, or any other third-party brand, product, or service;
x. communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill with which Sherbet London wishes to be associated; and/or
xi. violates, or incite any violation of, any law.
10. In the event that an entry contains any of the aforementioned content, that entry will be deemed null and void. Sherbet Ridereserves the right to review, edit, alter or remove any entry in its sole discretion, which does not comply with these Rules or which Sherbet London reasonably believes does not comply with these Rules.
11. Entries submitted outside of the Promotional Period shall not be valid or counted.
12. The Promotion is free to enter and no purchase/booking is necessary to enter or win.
13. The entry must not infringe upon the copyright, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity, or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity.
14. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
15. Sherbet Ride does not accept any responsibility for any technical or other difficulties encountered by Entrants in entering the Promotion or any entries that are delayed or corrupted.
16. Entrants are responsible for all costs and expenses relating to participation in the Promotion, such as the cost of accessing the internet.
17. The participants reserve the right to exclude any entries which they believe to be fraudulent or based on misconduct, or if, in their reasonable opinion, they consider that there is a significant risk that the Entrant may bring the Sherbet London brand into disrepute.
18. There are (4) prizes available however one (1) prize per Entrant. The prizes consist of:
1 free Sherbet Ride return journey ‘School Run’. The pick-up and drop-off locations must be within M25 for up to the maximum total journey value of £100.00.
1 free Sherbet Ride ‘post lockdown’ return journey within zones 1-4 for up to the maximum total journey value of £100.00.
1 ‘Post lockdown’ Christmas Lights tour of London for up to 3 hours for one family of up to 6 people. The pick-up and drop-off locations must be within M25 for up to the maximum total journey value of £100.00.
1 free Sherbet Ride ‘post lockdown’ return journey within zones 1-4 for up to the maximum total journey value of £100.00.
19. The recipient of the journey must be aged 18 or over. Airport bookings are not included. The Promotion is only valid on Sherbet’s London own fleet and does not include services that are provided by any third party.
20. Each winner or their journey recipient is required to post on Facebook at least one photo on their page whilst the journey recipient is enjoying the Prize. These must be posted on the day of the selected Redemption Date. The winner or journey recipient must tag @SherbetRide.
21. Sherbet Ride will correspond with each winner through Facebook messenger on the journey and passenger details and book the journey on behalf of the journey recipient.
22. The 4 winners will be drawn on Thursday 19 November 2020 by Sherbet Ride. The winners will be selected at random. Sherbet Ride will ensure each Prize winner selection is in accordance with the independent judging requirements of The UK Code of Non-broadcast Advertising and Direct & Promotional Marketing (CAP Code)
23. Each winner must redeem the Prize within 12 months. The winner must notify Sherbet Ride by Facebook message at least 1 day before the Redemption Date to allow enough time for the arrangement of the Prize.
24. Each winner will be notified via direct message on Facebook and will be asked to reply with the journey recipients full name, telephone number and pick-up and drop-off locations of their complementary journey, as well as any other details required by Sherbet Ride for the operation of the Promotion (the “Winner’s Response Message”)
25. If the Prize is un-awarded, unclaimed, or subject to claims which become invalid or which are adjudged void at any time, the Prize will lapse and may be re-awarded by Sherbet Ride (but without obligation to do so). This includes any prize where the Winner’s Response Message is received by Sherbet Ride after the timeframe provided for response. Sherbet Ride does not accept any liability for delay or non-delivery of notification emails to winners or Winner’s Response Message.
26. The Prize includes only those items specifically listed in paragraph 18 above.
27. All costs and expenses associated with Prize acceptance and/or use and not specified in these Rules as being provided are the sole responsibility of each winner.
28. No part of the Prize may be exchanged for any cash or other alternative (whether the maximum value of the Prize has been used or not), it is not transferable, divisible, permitted to be sold or resold, and may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. The Prize cannot be replaced or refunded in the event of loss, theft, or missed opportunity.
29. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, the Prize will be awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
30. As a condition of entering, Entrants agree that to the extent permitted by law, Sherbet Ride, Facebook and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, franchisees, prize providers, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents (the “Released Parties”) are released, will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by Entrants against any liability for any losses or damages of any kind to property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize or participation in this Promotion or any Promotion-related activities. Nothing in these Rules shall be construed to limit or exclude any liability of a Released Party for fraudulent misrepresentation, fraud, death, or personal injury caused by the Released Party’s negligence or any other liability to the extent the same may not be excluded or limited as a matter of law.
31. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Sherbet Ride excludes all liability for any costs, expenses, loss, or damage including indirect, consequential, or economic losses arising out of or in connection with an Entrant’s participation in the Promotion, entry into these Rules or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
33. Each winner agrees to take part in reasonable, unpaid publicity on behalf of Sherbet Ride and being announced as a winner on Sherbet Ride social media accounts along with their first name and prize. Such publicity and advertising may take place at any time or date after the entry has been submitted. No further consideration will be given for this.
34. Each winner agrees that Sherbet Ride may use his/her name, image, and likeness in any manner (including a photograph, film, or recording of the same) and in any medium for its promotional purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
35. In administering this Promotion, Sherbet Ride may collect personal information from any Entrant and, unless it has first obtained the Entrant’s consent, Sherbet Ride (i) will not collect more of the entrant’s personal information than needed for the purpose of administering and analysing this Promotion (including carrying checks as stated) and for posting features on its website which are informed by one or more entry-submissions; and (ii) will only use the Entrant’s personal information for those purposes (and such use may include transferring the entrant’s personal information to Sherbet London respective associates.)
36. Any enquiries about personal information held by Sherbet Ride, including any request for deletion of personal data, may be made by contacting the Customer Services number notified on the Contact Us section of www.sherbetride.com.
37. Entrants must have a valid Facebook account and be logged in to their account with their settings set to public to enter. Entrants who post their entries using a wireless device may be charged according to their rate plans with their wireless carriers.
38. Sherbet London is not responsible for any changes or unavailability of the Facebook service that may interfere with the Promotion or ability of Entrants to timely enter, receive notices, or communicate with Sherbet Ride via Facebook in which case Sherbet Ride, in its sole discretion, may terminate or modify the Promotion.
39. Sherbet Ride may:
(i) extend any time limit or waive any of the Rules where a person might otherwise have been disqualified (without obliging Sherbet Ride to relax the Rules on any further occasion for that Entrant or at all for any other person);
(ii) terminate, extend or suspend the Promotion at any time where this is necessary or desirable due to supervening circumstances beyond Sherbet Ride control; and
(iii) substitute a product deemed to be an appropriate replacement and of equal or greater value in the place of any of the prizes (or any part of a prize to the extent divisible). Sherbet Ride’s decision in the exercise or interpretation of any of its rights or discretions in connection with these Rules shall be final and binding and no correspondence shall be entered into.
40. Sherbet Ride reserves the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify Entrants that do not comply with these Rules or the spirit thereof or any Entrant who they reasonably believe has interfered with the fair running of the Promotion. The decision of Sherbet Ride is final and binding and no correspondence shall be entered into about it.
41. No term of these Rules shall be enforceable by any person who is not a party to them, save that, to the extent Sherbet Ride deem it appropriate, Sherbet Ride shall be entitled to treat any of their rights under the Rules as having been granted for the benefit of their group companies, and/or one or more of their agencies and commercial partners.